Friday, March 30, 2012

{from david}

Here is an e-mail that I received from David from not too long ago.  We were talking about how he feels about leaving Afghanistan.


"I am honestly just happy I am going to bring all my Marines home unharmed, for the most part. Alive. Such a relief. didn't realize how much it stressed me out until I realized how happy I was to be back inside Camp LNK. No more trips outside the wire, out with the Taliban. I'll be home in one piece, and so will the Marines."


I think this simple e-mail speaks so loudly about the type of man that David is.  Not that he feels like he personally impacted the war, not that he is did a good job and got awards, but rather that he was responsible for the safety and lives of other men and women, and in that responsibility, he succeeded.  David is a good man and I hope that he boss feels the same way about him as David does about his Marines.  



We're so proud of you all!

**David Update**

I think that David and his Marines are in their last stages of getting ready to come back home to the states!  They will be here within the next 30 days!  


David, I say this not because I am married to you, but because I appreciate and admire someone with good character; You are a one of a kind man, you have made an impact on people's lives and all of their families, those Marines, and their families, hopefully know how lucky they are to have someone like you.  

I'm here, so very tired, waiting for you to come home.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment