Wednesday, March 7, 2012

{kony}

Well, here it is, people helping people.  Joseph Kony is a murderous, torturous leader of the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army) in Africa.  For decades he has been kidnapping children and forcing them into his slavery.  Below is an online documentary produced by Joseph Russell, it details the strife of the African people affected by Kony.  Russell also pleas for the aide of each and every American to be aware and to make famous Joseph Koney. Please watch, I promise you won't want to turn it off or wish you hadn't watched it.


Sign the pledge, join the forces, participate in good.  Do something, maybe it's not partaking in this project, but maybe something else.  We are called to help the least of our brothers.  How do you help?  What do you do to help those less fortunate around you?  I admit, I could do more and plan on doing more.  Donate to a food bank, volunteer at a blood drive, buy fair trade goods, help somebody.  You have it in you and so do I.  It doesn't matter how small the good that you do is, it's helping.  You are changing lives without even knowing it.  Do something.  Make Kony known worldwide.  

**David Update**

Today was a good day!  I received at 35 minute phone call from David.  His spirits are high.  He sounds happy and ready to come home.  He was cracking jokes and making plans for when he returns.  All is well in Afghanistan, a lot more paperwork and more gym time.



David, I got both of your footlockers today!!!  YAY!  No need for the key you sent me because the trusty old USPS broke both of the boxes!  So they were open, no need to break in (oh, I mean unlock them)!  I dug right in, everything is in it's place and put away already.  I'm getting so excited for you to come home!!

I'm here, so excited, for you to come home.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment