Sunday, January 1, 2012

{happy new year}

Well friends, Happy New Year to you and yours!  A lot has happened over the past year; many things to celebrate and many things to say good-bye to.  My top three list for the years is as follows, earned a Master's degree, got married to the most amazing man and moved to NC.  As we round the top of the clock towards 2012, I really begin to think about this whole resolution thing.  Can I actually keep one resolution an entire year? No way!  I can't even remember what I'm doing tomorrow half the time!  My resolution is as follows:

Be a Better Person

That's it.  It's just that simple.  Be better.  Be better for myself, be better for David, be better to strangers, eat better to take care of my body.  Just be better.  I believe that one key to life long happiness is to become the best person that you can be.  I have as many (if not more) downfalls as the next person.  I don't claim to be the best me that I am.  So, as I normally do, I challenge you.  Join me in my resolution.  What can you change about who you are?  What can you add to the wonderful person that you already are?  Do you need to curse less?  Love God more?  Love your family more?  Love strangers more?  Get rid of bad habits?  End relationships that bring you down? I have faith in you.  As I work (and struggle) to be my best, I hope that you will too.  Remember, "and the whole world being at peace"?  Being the best you and being the best me, that's how we start peace.  Please keep me in your prayers this year, and I will continue to keep you in mine.


**David Update**

I got a call from him today!  YAY!  I LOVE hearing his voice, it make the whole world seem better.  We didn't talk about his work, of course, so I have no idea how that is going.  He sounded rested and well.  Please continue to keep him and all service members in your thoughts and prayers.  


David, who did you kiss on New Years?!  I can't wait to hear!  It's great to be celebrating it with my new family, I love your parents and sister so much, I can't imagine marrying into a better family.  I teared up a little, but I know that we will get to be together soon.  I can't wait for you to be back.  

I'm here, coughing up a storm, waiting for you to come home to me.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment