Thursday, January 26, 2012

{look at me go}

Handy Andy should definitely be my name!  I followed through on the wine cart idea!  I took some great guidance last night on how to accomplish my project and had another visit to Lowe's Hardware!  (I think they love me there!)  SO, I got paint, polyurethane, brushes, gloves, rags, stain, sand paper, and a rug!  I bought a remnant of outdoor furniture and got a 7x12 rug for $40!  I'm going to go ahead and say, "It's a GREAT deal"!  I feel productive.  


Step one - Gather supplies (and coffee!)



Step two -- remove varnish, sand and paint first coat!


Besides accomplishing that today, I cleaned the garage, hung up our (4) bikes and hung the kayak outside!  All with a little help from a friend with much larger muscles than myself, thanks Nash!


**David Update**

I asked David for a big update with some detail on what he had been doing, here is what he gave me: "I've been busy with catching up on paperwork and preparing classes for my Marines.  Say hello to professor Cook".  Oh dear.  I feel bad for those Marines!  With his little sense of humor thrown in there, I can say he is in good spirits!  Don't forget to send birthday wishes his way!  He will be a whopping 25 years old on February 8th.  


David, I feel like you would be proud of all my hard work lately!  I am getting things accomplished!  (Oh yea, and I bought a carpet...haha.)  I'm making brownies right now and I just want you to know that I did not hesitate to lick the beaters, then the spatula, then my finger, then the bowl!  YUM!  I'm so happy you didn't get your little fingers in there, more for me!  YAY!

I'm here, with a chocolate covered face and paint covered fingers, waiting for you to come home to me!

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment