Thursday, January 12, 2012

{queen of spain}

Well, YouTube has bitten me again.  I got sucked in by a video flying around on FB; because of the title I had strayed away from it until my cousin posted it, then I had to watch.  It got me thinking about life and being a Christian.  I don't agree with a lot of the video but it got my wheels turning.  There are so many things in this world that make us stray from what is good and what it right.  How do we not let the world influence us?  I think it's impossible.  How can we not let it influence ourselves?  Our friends?  Our children?  How do we become good when our world is filled with so much bad?  I have been so blessed to be raised by the best people in the world, my mom, my friends and the rest of my extended family.  I don't have children yet, but I will forever strive to teach them right from wrong and how to show their beautiful good souls to everyone they encounter.  In order to influence others in a positive manner, I must act that way.  Another small way to have "the whole world at peace".  

In my process of getting out of my funk, I have been listening to feel good music.  One of these songs is "Murder of Crows".  There is a lyric in this song that is "my mama told me to treat people the same, whether it's girl of boy or the Queen of Spain."  It's a small way to influence everyone, treat everyone the same.  No differences, no race, no gender, no social class, nothing.

Just equality and love.


Here is my feel good song of the day:


Miss Mandy Cook.

**David Update**

I don't have much of an update for you today on David.  I chatted briefly this morning as he was waking up.  He said that he was tired and off to go workout at the gym!  Typical David, hitting the gym.  That man takes care of his body!


David, today, again, I got excited to be married and to live to our life together.  Can you hurry up and get back here?  I hear all these lovely stories of marriage and see these beautiful examples of marriage.  I can't wait.  Ask Capt. Rob if you can take a vacation day and visit me!

I'm here, with coffee at 10 pm, waiting for you to come home to me.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment