Sunday, December 4, 2011

{true love}

I spent tonight at a friends house. It was a nice quiet evening for the most part.  I joined her at her kids' preschool for a Christmas production and a birthday party for Jesus.  It was cute; then back to her house for mini-tree decorating, then just hanging out.  We spent about 3 hours chatting up a storm when her kids fell asleep.  As the whole night was fun, there was one part of our conversation that stuck out the most.  She was talking about her love for her husband.  They have been married a few years longer than David and I, but the way she talks about him is the way that I, as a newlywed, talk about David.  She loves to be around him and in any moment of free time, wants to be with him.  Things aren't the same when he is deployed, nothing seems as fun or fulfilling.  I want have that, I want to still be that in love with David when the "honeymoon phase" is over.  I want our whole life to be a honeymoon phase!



People like her make me believe in true love and what marriage is really all about.  They have a great time and get in arguments, but at the end of the day, would rather be nowhere else than next to her husband.  Fairy tale love can be real.

**David Update**

HE CALLED ME THIS MORNING!!  What a great way to start my day!  A whole 15 minutes to myself!  David didn't say much about work or how he is doing.  I was a little worried about how tired and exhausted he sounded.  I think that he definitely needed to get back to his room and get some sleep.  He e-mailed me in the middle of the night where he said that he had fallen asleep unintentionally, but was then on his way to bed.  I didn't hear from him this morning.  I hope that he slept in and got the rest he needed.


David, honeymoon phase forever?  Deal.

I'm here, waiting for you to come home to me.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment