Thursday, December 8, 2011

{madness}

Well, tomorrow the holiday madness begins.  My dear friend Brain flies in tomorrow to drive back to Ohio with me.  I just want to say that I love his wife SO much.  She is okay with Brian flying down here, spending a few days and driving 12 hours with me back home.  Love her.

Tomorrow will also begin the sadness of the holidays without David.  I refuse to think about it too much yet, because I know that eventually, I will think about it and I will be super sad.

Early to bed tonight as I have a full day of preparing tomorrow.


An AWESOME picture from our Christmas party 2 years ago, Brian's wife Megan, Brian and my lovely husband.  


**David Update**

I haven't a lot from him over the past two days.  No goodnight or good morning e-mails.  He must be super busy with work or out and about.


David, I wish you could be here tonight.  I want to pack things for home with you, I want to snuggle tonight.  It is cold here, so my heating pad is turned on a little higher than normal.  It is toasty on my side of the bed and so cold on yours.  I wish that is wasn't, I wish that you could be here.  As much as I tough it out, my holiday season begins with tears.  I am sad about so many things and excited about others.  Being at home will make me feel better about life but may make me miss you so much more.  We won't get to celebrate birthdays together, we won't get Christmas together, and we won't get everyday in between or before and after.  It stinks.  I know there are plenty of people in the same boat as me and many who have it worse, but I'm going to be sad tonight.  I miss you and wish we didn't have to miss so much of first year of marriage.  

I'm here, in our toasty bed, waiting for you to come home.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment