Sunday, December 25, 2011

{peace}

"...the whole world being at peace..."

Wow, what if the whole world was at peace?

This is a line taken from the proclamation at Christmas Eve mass. Think about that, the whole world at peace.  No war, no famine, no crime, no hatred, no abuse, no violence, just peace.  Would we know how to live in a world like that?  Would we have a higher unemployment rate?  What if everyone was nice to one another?  As I sit and ponder a peaceful world on this Christmas night, I find myself lost in my thoughts.  I can't even imagine a world like that.  We have grown up in this world with so many awful things happening every second.  How would we even begin to have a peaceful world?  Well, folks, it can start with you and with I.  Throw away all your crazy New Year's Resolutions and join in mine: Peace.  Our world will never be a peaceful one if no one starts to make it that way.  Maybe I can't stop wars, end disease, feed all the hungry, but I can sure try!  My peace is going to begin in my life and I will spread my peace everywhere I go.  It can start with a clean house, then a smile to someone I don't know, a kind word to the people at the grocery check-out, picking up trash outside, any random act of kindness.  I have faith in you and I, that we together can make the world more at peace.  At Christmas time, we remember that peace came in the form of an infant; it doesn't matter how small or how large your peace is, spread it.

No comments:

Post a Comment