Thursday, December 15, 2011

{it begins}

And so the holiday season officially begins.  I am back in Ohio until January and missing David already.  I went to choir practice at my church tonight and it felt so good to sing Christmas carols.  It definitely puts me in the spirit and reminds me why we celebrate this holiday.

I have missed David a lot today.  I miss him everyday, but some more than others.  I went to my cousin's pinning ceremony at the Columbus Police Academy.  It was a very nice ceremony.  It reminded me of so many ceremonies that I have gone to for David.  Uniforms, rank being pinned, guns, speeches, PowerPoint presentations, movies, all things standard to a Marine Corps event.  I wish he could have been there, he would have been proud to be part of our family.  Yet, another lonely day.


David and I at his Marine Corps Commissioning -- March 26, 2010.

**David Update**

I haven't heard from him today.  I hope he is safe and all is well.


David, I can't stop thinking about you.  Everyone keeps asking how married life is.  I respond with, "I have no idea".  It makes me sad that we don't have the opportunity to be married and to act like married people do.  I can't wait for the spring when it all comes true.  

I'm here, with my bad back, waiting for you to come home to me.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment