Friday, December 2, 2011

{singing carols}

Today, I miss my husband.  I was making an apple pie and decided that maybe I should do something Christmas in our house.  So, I turned on some Christmas music and sang to myself while making a pie.  I changed my table cloth to a Christmasy one and I think I should get some decorations out.  I wonder if David will have any decorations or sing any Christmas carols?  I hope that he does.  I hope that he get to experience some joy of the holidays.


I just hope that with all the Christmas hype, he is still reminded of the reason for it.  Jesus.  I hope that he is granted the opportunity to go to church and celebrate why we get to enjoy this season so much.  Today is the first day of the season that I have truly missed him for the holidays.  I wanted him to be here, so that we could be together while singing and baking and decorating.  I will fill my holiday season with friends and family and always keep David close in my mind and in my heart.  

**David Update**

I only got to speak to David briefly this morning via e-mail.  He said that he day started off early and he was doing well.  


David, sing a Christmas carol for me.  Have some hot chocolate and fresh pie and think of me.  I would love to share this season with you in our house.  As our first Christmas together, it will be lonely, I will look forward to our second!

I am here, with my fresh homemade apple pie, waiting for you to come home to me.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment