Monday, December 19, 2011

{birthday}

Today was bittersweet.  Today is my 25th birthday.  I did not get to hear from my husband let alone have him here to enjoy this day with me.  My morning wasn't so good.  I woke up, realized I had nothing to do, so went back to sleep for a little bit.  Finally woke up, drove around, went to a grocery store, then a bookstore (where I got less than stellar coffee).  That was the first half of the day.  Thankful, I (as I have said before) have an awesome family and awesome friends who love and care for me more than I could ask for.  Some of my friends threw me a birthday party.  It was wonderful, so many friends and so much food.  For a birthday to start out so crappy, I could not have asked for a better ending.  I love all of you.  Thank you for making my day so much better.


This is the birthday cake that David made for me last year!  What a little baker!


**David Update**

Still no word.  Keep him and his Marines and all service members in your prayers!


David, I wish that you could have been here to share my day with me.  I miss you a ton.  I bought a book today!  AND even started to read it!  Hopefully I will have it done by the time you get home!  YAY!  So many things I want to tell you tonight.  

I'm here, with my book, waiting for you to come home to me.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment