Tuesday, October 4, 2011

{the real possibility}

I am watching the Friday Night Lights TV series, thanks to my neighbor Jon.  Tonight on the episode, a father who was in the Army in Iraq, was killed.  Two men dressed in uniform came to their door and gave the devastating news.  This brought to the forefront of my mind, that this is a real possibility in my life.  I am scared of the dark, I am scared of roaches, I am scared of bad guys, but, the thing I am the most scared of is being delivered that awful and terrifying news, that my husband will never be coming home.  I can't even begin to spend anymore time thinking about it, it makes me sick to my stomach.


On a new and happier note, my neon running shoes work!  I ran 3 5 minute stints and didn't want to pass out at the end!  Yay!  

**David Update**

I haven't heard from David yet today.  That could mean many things: he is busy at work and doesn't have time to chat, communications/the internet is down, or he is out doing what he loves.  Either way, he is still a good Marine Officer and a great man.  Here are some more good snapshots from our many Skype dates:




Riddle me this Batman: Why does David have his shirt on his head?  And why does he have the shirt on his head long enough for me to take more than one picture?  He is funny, whether you think so or not, he is SO funny.  :)

David, I hope you are safe and have had a good day and are sleeping sound.

I am here waiting for you and running to be fit for you.

I love you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment