Monday, October 24, 2011

{holiday boxes}

I was told by my loving husband that his Marines didn't want holiday items because they didn't want to be reminded of the holidays.  As I totally understand and respect that, I've decided to send stuff anyway.

I sent two boxes to Afghanistan today and then, right after I got back from the post office, the FedEx man delivered something that David needs ASAP.  So, I get to send another box!  I was trying to think what else to put in the box so I was talking to my neighbors and Jon said to fill it with holiday items and random things.  He said that when he was in Iraq, they loved getting random things, just out of the ordinary items.  They have so much fun with things they don't normally have.  So I'm off to the dollar store to buy some inexpensive random items to send for fun!  I just can't imagine, every Marine that is in his platoon wouldn't appreciate a piece of candy corn.  There has to be one, that will like something holiday.

Christmas might be the only box that I don't send a ton of stuff because troops receive tons of stuff during Christmas time.  But every other holiday is mine!  Say hello to boxes for Halloween, Thanksgiving, my Birthday, New Years, his Birthday, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day!  OMGosh, I can't wait!

**David Update**

None!  I haven't spoken to him very much in the past 24 hours.  He wrote me an e-mail that said that he had a very busy day yesterday.  Then got an e-mail at 0430 his time, which means he is up early for something!  

Missing my man, as usual today, so I'm photo stalking him again!  Here are my findings for the day.




The second one is my favorite!!!  (the third one is probably his favorite....oh dear.)

David, I miss you so much.  I can't wait for you to come home.

I'm here, putting together holiday boxes, waiting for and thinking of you.

I love you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment