Sunday, October 2, 2011

{phone calls from afghanistan}

David got the chance to call me today.  It was SO wonderful and amazing to hear his voice.  I love that man so much and every time I hear his voice, it just reminds me of that love.  His voice it sweet and resounds through my mind for days.  I think about things he would say to me throughout the day.  What he would be doing in our house, what he would want for dinner, the crazy things that he would say.  Sometimes I can't get him out of my head.

Today is the first day in a while that I've cried.  After church this morning there was a cookout.  I stood in line, got my hamburger and bottle of water, and sadly realized that I had nobody to sit with.  I went and sat in my car and ate by myself.  I felt so alone.  Worst feeling in the world; to be surrounded by people yet feel so alone.  Hearing his voice reminded me of that loneliness.  Some days are just meant for crying I guess.


**David Update**

He sounded good when I talked to him, a little tired, but it was 0530 his time.  He said that his days are long and filled with lots of worked.  The most recent excitement was that David got to promot a couple Marines and met the commanding officer for MLG (Marine Logistics Group).  He is doing great things and I'm so proud of him.  


(Kissy face)

David, I'm so proud of you.  I always will be.

I'm here, waiting for you to come back home.

I love you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment