Tuesday, October 25, 2011

{forgetting freedom}

Well, it'about that time in the night where I really start to miss my husband.  I don't have much to report on anything, but I did want to talk about a radio commercial I heard today.  This radio DJ was talking about the upcoming Veteran's day and what events are happening.  Then an interview with the gentlemen of Rascal Flatts came on.  They were talking about not just saying thank you to those who are and who have served or sending boxes to troops, but actually thinking about what the men and women of our military are doing.  Humans sacrificing their lives for our freedom.  The freedom that we forget to thank God for everyday, the freedom that we take for granted, the freedom that we wake up and don't even remember we have.

Isn't that crazy when you think about it?

After the interview, the radio DJ came back on and was giving ideas for the holiday season, things you can do for the military families.  We all know that service members, deployed and non-deployed get tons of boxes and recognition around the holidays (and as they should), but what about the other half of their lives?  What about the ones back home, missing their mom, missing their dad, missing their wife, missing their husband?  These folks, the military families, holding it all together at home, while falling apart themselves.  We should be thanking them as well!  Surprise a military family member this upcoming holiday season.  Why not thank them?  Maybe not a box full of holiday stuff, but what about a surprise thank you card?  A friendly hot cocoa?  A surprise donut?  A few kind words and a hug?  A smile?  Don't you think they deserve that?  I do.  We owe a lot to these men and women.

For the upcoming holiday season I challenge you.  You, to make a difference in someone's life.  To put others needs before yours.  Be that person who is kind and generous.  We are all called to love our neighbors as ourselves, so let's do it!  Be that person who makes the difference, be that person who turns someone else's day around.  You never know who needs your kindness in their life.


**David Update**

Not a whole lot.  I have barely heard/chatted with David over the past two days.  All he has told me is that he has been working 15+ hour days.  I can't even imagine how exhausting that can be.  Wishing him some rest and relaxation tonight.



He's still cute, even super early in the AM!!


David, even though I haven't heard much from you, I am thinking of you all the time.  

I miss you and I can't wait for you to come home.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment