Saturday, October 29, 2011

{awful news}

Kabul. Yes. I've heard. The other wives have heard, and millions of people have heard. What a tragedy that Americans troops were killed during a convoy. Unfortunately for myself and several other wives, our husbands are part of convoys. Convoys that we know nothing about. We don't know when they will leave. We don't know when they will come back. We don't know how long they will be gone. And no, we don't know where they are or where they are going.

Needless to say, this news of troops being killed isn't good news for anyone, but even more troubling news for families of Motor-T Marines. That feeling in our stomachs that we get, the thoughts that race through our minds are awful constant reminders of the imminent danger our loved ones are in. These are feelings that few understand. We wouldn't wish them upon anybody. I have a favor to ask. If you hear of troops being killed in Afghanistan, please don't ask us if our husbands are okay, if we know where they are, if we have heard "the news". We probably don't know anything and don't want to remind ourselves that those fallen troops could be our husbands. All those thoughts are already rushing through our minds, we wouldn't like to be reminded of them. And God forbid one of those were our husbands, we won't want to talk about it.

It's such a hard mentality to live with and cope with. Those thoughts constantly in the back of our minds. They never leave, despite what we might say. We love our men and we love you too. Just keep our families in your thoughts and prayers, but especially with those families of the fallen troops.


**David Update**

In lieu of the above, I don't know where my husband is, I don't know when he will be back and I don't know how long he will be gone.
I am here thinking about you and praying for you.

I miss you every second of every day.

I love you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment