Thursday, October 20, 2011

{another day}

Well, after last night's breakdown, today was another day.  A different day and a better day.  Today is it chilly here, and I love it!  Welcome fall!  Finally!  I wore pants and a zip-up hoodie and wasn't hot!  YAY!  Speaking of a better day, I went shopping today!  Actually, I started my Christmas shopping.  I am proud of myself for that!  I also had Five Guys Burgers for the first time ever.  It was good, not mind-numbing good, but it was worth a try.  Then I had a Caramel Apple Spiced Cider from Starbucks.  That made my day.  Nothing like a good hot cider on a chilly day, after a bad day.

I still miss David like usual, but little things in life help, like good friends and hot apple cider.  Here are some more cute pictures of my handsome husband!




He is just so CUTE!!!

**David Update**

David is still on base working, having meetings and planning.  Also working out and eating at the "excellent" messhall.  Although David can't tell me what he is doing 95% of the time, he does know that I like to hear stories about his job, so he told me about some children he has encountered.  The first story he said, was when some helicopters flew over where they were, the children started "flying" around acting like helicopters.  He said is was nice to see kids acting like kids in such a harsh environment.  The second story is kind of funny.  David said that he saw a child with red hair.  This is odd because 99% of Afghanis have dark brown or black hair.  So, David, being David, assumed that he was of Russian decent.  David asked him "Is your daddy Vladimyr?  Not Afghani.  Vladimyr, ya?".  David then was wondering why the child thought he was being mean!  He was being mean!!  (Unintentionally.)  You can't question a child's heritage, not knowing anything about it!  He probably gets teased all the time about his hair color, he doesn't need it from some crazy American!!  Oh David.  


David, even though you are a little crazy, I'm here, waiting for you.

Thinking about you all the time.

I love you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment