Saturday, October 22, 2011

{friend bank}

I had dinner with some Supply Bn wives tonight.  It is nice to be around women who understand your situation, whether deployed or non-deployed wives.  I am beginning to build my Marine Wife friend bank, as I like to call it.  Women who you like and can be friends with.  These women are the ones that I will see again and again in life.  We will keep in touch, be there for each other and see each other on different bases in years to come.  I love Marine wives.  (and Marines!)

I ran my first ever 5k this morning!  My neighbor and I ran it in 33 mins!  We were so proud! (and you should be too!)  After we ran, we got delicious Starbucks.  THEN, I locked myself out of my house and had to put Tina through the top of my window!  What a trooper!  THEN, Tina's car died and we unsuccessfully tried to jump it.  Dang, what and exhausting morning!  (And THEN her baby had poop explosion in the back of my car!)  Oh dear.  


(Note the appropriate running attire, so as not to be run over by cars.  Neon = awesome)


**David Update**

David spends most of his day, when he's not doing cool things on a convoy, is spent writing e-mails, writing briefs, and making liason between battalion and their company operations.  All sounds very important.  He is doing well so far.  From what I hear, he is doing a great job and leading Marines well!  

Here is my photo of our Skype conversation tonight:


Favorite quote from our talk tonight: me talking to David: 

"Sometimes you think I'm stupid and that makes me think that you are stupid for thinking I'm Stupid."


David, even though you think I'm dumb, I'll be here waiting for you.

Thinking of you always.

I still love you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment