Sunday, October 23, 2011

{first sad sign}

Tonight was pumpkin carving time!  I went with the neighbor kids to get their pumpkins and carved mine in their front yard.  Today was the first sad sign of a holiday without David.  We have not done a whole lot of holidays or holiday activities together considering we started dating just before he left for OCS.  Now that we are married these are the things that you want to do with your spouse.  I missed David today.  It was fun, but I can definitely feel the sadness of lonely holidays setting in.  It's going to be a long couple of holiday/birthday months.  I guess it's time to get used to it and learn how to deal with a different kind of loneliness.  

So for this holiday, for me, go to a pumpkin patch with a loved one, go apple-picking, drink hot cider, carve your pumpkin, and pass out candy to all those cute kids and pray for the moms and dads, missing their Halloween, fighting for your freedom.  




Here is the pumpkin that I carved, for my man:



**David Update**

I don't have any today.  It is only 0445 Afghanistan time, so he is still sleeping.


David, I will be lonely through the holidays.  I know what you are doing is important and you are needed.  I hope that you get to do something Halloweeny and aren't lonely on your holiday.

I am here with my pumpkin, thinking about you always and waiting for you to come home.

I love you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment