Thursday, October 27, 2011

{awesome things}

So, I have a few awesome things to share with you.

Awesome Thing #1

I debate even sharing this on such a public interface, but I haven't laughed so hard in such a long time that I must retell it to you so that I can laugh again.  I had a phone date tonight with a friend.  We were chatting about random body functions when, unnamed friend, disclosed to me that they have pooped their pants.  I, immediately started to laugh, and flung my body onto my bed (in full-body laugh mode).  Said friend is my age and perfectly healthy, well, so I thought.  Said friend was telling me this story as if it happened several times, when in fact, as an adult, it has happened several times.  The incident only happens when said person is puking.  Mentally thinking to themselves, which end to put on the toilet?  Do I puke on the floor or poop myself?  OMGosh, I was laughing SO hard at this point in time, thinking that that thought has never crossed my mind.  Oh dear.  On to less gross topics...


Awesome Thing #2

Free Homecoming Banners for troops!  This is so awesome!  Build A Sign has made it possible to get banners nearly for free!  They have several banner designs that we can choose from and personalize.  Some even let you add photos.  There are 2 sizes you can choose from.  Also, for an additional fee you can get the sign hemmed and have rings for rope put in.  This is such a great offer to those families of service members.  You can also get a free jumbo card and have it mailed directly to your APO/FPO mailing address!  Thanks Build A Sign!


Click on this link to be taken to their website!
Build A Sign -- Free Homecoming Banners!


Awesome Thing #3

Rocklife Productions and the USO have teamed up to offer free photo books to your deployed love ones!  Again, this is so awesome!  It is a 20 page soft cover book that is designed to fit easily into cargo pockets!  These books hold over 60 photos.  These can also be mailed for free to FPO/APO/MPO addresses!  What an awesome surprise gift for your loved one!  Send them old photos, photos from home, or photos of things happening while they are away!  Great idea!  Thank you Rocklife and the USO!


Click on this link to be taken to the website!


Awesome Thing #4

This is my favorite one by far!  There is a company called Green Beans Coffee.  They are strictly set up on military bases world wide.  I got this link from another Marine wife, thanks Kristen!  Green Beans Coffee has cafes set up on foreign bases so that the deployed members of our military can still enjoy a nice brewed cup of coffee, a blended beverage or a tea while in a combat zone.  They already have 2 aboard Camp Leatherneck and have plans to open a third!  Through this wonderful company, you can donate a "Cup of Joe for Joe".  This is where you donate money and a letter, and they will deliver your donated cup of coffee and your letter to a service member.  HOW awesome!  You can also buy gift cards for your deployed service member and they will be delivered to them in country!  AWESOME!  You should catch up on everything that this company has to offer.  


Click the link below to be taken to their website!


WOW.  So many awesome things that I am proud and blessed to share with you!  

**David Update**

I don't have one.  I haven't heard from David today.  I'm not sure if that means that he has left the wire, if he has just had a super long busy day or if their communications are down.  I just don't know.  When I know something more, I will forward my information to you!  


David, even though we haven't talked, I have thought about you a million times today.  I miss you more than ever and can't wait to hear your voice soon.  

I'm here waiting for you, hopefully with a free banner!

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment