Saturday, October 8, 2011

{one year}

This weekend marks one year that David proposed to me.  I will (because I love to) retell the story.

Our first date was dinner and a movie.  David picked me up from my house and took the highway the wrong way!  (Strike one.)  We went to dinner at a great American restaurant, Max & Erma's.  Dinner was good as always, but we were having a conversation about drinking out of straws versus out of the side of the cup, just as David was telling me it's so much easier and loss prone to spill, he spilled water all over himself!  (Strike two.)  After the dinner mishap, we went on to the movie theater.  He had chosen to see the movie "Funny People".  Which, if you have seen it, isn't a funny movie!  It is actually about a man who is dying of cancer. Which, my dad was actually battling for his life....with cancer.  (Strike three.)  Whew, that was an awful date!

So, when David, 14 months after that disaster, told me he wanted to reenact our first date, you can imagine, I was not too excited.  We went to dinner at the same Max & Erma's and he picked the movie.  Same thing as before.  Now, David always used to tease me about eloping and going to Vegas and getting married in a fake chapel.  Again, not too excited or on board with that "brilliant" idea.  We were walking out of the mall when he started to tease me again about eloping, I told him that I wanted "to have a real wedding".  I turned around because he was obviously ignoring me, and there, by the stairs to the parking garage of the mall, he was on one knee with a ring.

I thought he was kidding, so I told him to get up!  As I nudged his arm upward, he told me that he wasn't kidding, that he wanted to marry me.  I began to stream tears down my face and immediately squealed "I DO!".  David laughed and said it was too early for "I Do".  Then held me and kissed me as I cried all the way home.

What a great day to reminisce about it.  What a joyous day in any married couple's lives.  That day when you begin to realize things just got a whole lot more serious.  The beginning of the rest of your lives was just beginning.  Just amazing.


The kiss that started it all...

**David Update**

None, I haven't chatted with him.  :(  I will let you all know when I know.

David, this one is for you, for all the fun times we've had and the many more great memories we will have.  

I'm here, and will be, the whole time, waiting for you to come home.

I'm always thinking of you.

I love you David.  


No comments:

Post a Comment