Monday, November 14, 2011

{thankful}

The two months down celebration continued today with 2 scoops of ice cream and a new coffee mug!  Okay, NOW, I have to stop spending money before we go broke!  I miss David most days, but days like today where I think I have to start manual labor around the house I miss him the most.  Tomorrow I have to change our shower head, if I don't the water will continue to spray OVER the shower curtain and onto the rest of my bathroom.  Stupid shower...


I think most days I am grateful for the life that I have, but some days, it just stinks.  In all reality though, I don't have a bad life, I was raised by the best single mother in the world, I always had enough to eat, I got a GREAT education, married a loving man, live in a super nice beach house and have enough money.  I think I got it pretty good.  Sometimes I let little silly things get the best of me and begin to not appreciate my life.  I need to work on that.  My problems are always first world problems, like bugs in my house, no low-fat milk on sale, it's too hot in my house, and I'm not hungry for any of the food I have in my pantry.  There are people in the world, in our towns and cities who have it much worse than I do.  I challenge you, and myself, that every time we want to complain about our lives that we say a quick thank you prayer for everything we have been given.  I'm not saying it's not okay to complain, because some days just warrant it.  Just be thankful today, for today.  Be thankful for life, your life.  Be thankful for the sun shining down.  Be thankful to still be breathing.  Be thankful for others.  Be thankful for love.  

**David Update**

Not too much to report about David today.  He finished a ten-page award for his Marines yesterday.  That's about it, more eating, more working out and more meetings. 



Honey, I am here, thankful for everything that you are doing for me.  

I can't wait to have you back in our home.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment