Monday, November 21, 2011

{more fortunate}

As I look around my house tonight and realize all the things that I have I can only be thankful.  I have nice, new furniture, food in my fridge and pantry, a floor full of nice gifts for friends and family, electricity that works, running water, and a house that's almost too big for David and I.  My list can go on and on.  During this week of Thanksgiving I am even more aware of how lucky I am to have grown up in America and be in the situation that I am.


I know that that is a lot to read, but I hope that you read it all.  If you didn't, scroll back up and read it.  Sometimes we take things for granted.  We don't realize how good we truly have it.  You might not love your life as much as you should, but we are so lucky to be where we are. There was a couple in front of me at the grocery today getting a free Thanksgiving dinner thanks to WIC and the Salvation Army.  I couldn't even be upset that the line was taking so long, because it warmed my heart so much that they get to enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner like I do.  Sometimes, well, a lot, I think that I need more things, that I want to have the  coolest thing, or just another gadget, I don't remember to be thankful for what I already have.  I need to remember that God has blessed me with a beautiful life.  I also need to constantly remind myself to give to others.  That I need to dedicate free time and energy to serving others.  So my challenge for today, for you and myself, is to be thankful everyday of every month; not just one day or week out of the year.  I have so many blessings and need to remember to just simply say thank you.  

**David Update**

I don't have much of an update today.  Last night when I asked him what his days have been like lately, he said that he has been working, eating and working out.  So, I guess nothing too exciting lately!  


David, I am thankful that you risk your life to provide for me, to provide the opportunity of safety for others, to simply provide opportunities to a nation who is deprived of that.  I am thankful for all that you do for me, your family, your friends, Americans, and the people of Afghanistan.  

I am here, being thankful for all my blessings, waiting for you to come home to me.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment