Wednesday, November 2, 2011

{be happy}

Ever like to be happy?  I do.  Here are some things that make me happy: good friends, reality TV, Dunkin Donuts, apple cider, frozen chocolate, my husband, rainy days, and lots of other stuff!  Are there days when you're not happy?  I have crappy days all the time.  I have found the answer to crappy days!


Man, it's SO simple!  Think of some things that automatically put you in a better mood.  Whether it be a phone call with a good friend, finding pictures of loved ones, going to a coffee house, hitting up that favorite drive thru!  Even if it is a little expensive, I'm sure that you have earned it.  You have done more for others than you think, and it's okay to treat yourself!  If you get a treat for yourself, maybe get one to share with someone who might need it.  Again, you never know whose day (or life) you might change with your simple gratitude.  Do something that makes you happy.  

Being happy isn't only meant for bad days.  What if you just want a happier life?  Well, make it a happy life.  Sure, there will be circumstances that will be out of your hands, but make the most of your life.  Go for a walk, go for a bike ride, make a picnic date, find a dollar movie theater, drive the scenic route, take your kids to a zoo.  There are so many things that you can do to be happy in life.  One might even be serving others.  If you've never done it, please do.  You will be surprised at the amount of joy it will bring to your soul.  Overwhelming joy.  

**David Update**

I still haven't heard from him.  Continuing prayers for him and his Marines.  


David, I feel like I have been neglecting you.  I haven't been sending you MotoMail and a thousand e-mails a day.  I haven't sent a box in over a week.  I did send you hand written letters and I think those are much better.  I hope you are showing great leadership out there.  I'm sure you are with the best Ssgt by your side.  

I'm here waiting for you and thinking of you constantly.  (PS- the exchange had their grand opening today!  It was AWESOME!  I put my name in for a bunch of free prizes but only left with a sample pack of JellyBelly sport jelly beans and a free 5-hour energy drink.)

I am missing you greatly.

I love you David. 

No comments:

Post a Comment