Friday, November 11, 2011

{thankful veteran's day}

Happy Veteran's Day!  Why do we say "Happy" before every holiday?  Is it to wish the people you are talking to a good day?   That their holiday is filled with joy?  I would imagine that that is the answer.  Now, on Veteran's Day, is it about having a day filled with joy or is it about being thankful?  So, I would like to wish you a very Thankful Veteran's Day.


I LOVE this quote!  I'm not sure where this sign was hung, I found it on the internet.  Re-read this saying and insert a veteran's name (who you know) for the words "American Soldier".  How much more personal did that make it?  I hope that when you wished people a Happy (or Thankful) Veteran's Day today, you thought of those you know and those you don't know.  All of our American soldiers fighting for your personal freedom must be thanked, not only today, but throughout the year.  Thank them today if you haven't yet, and thank their families for making their sacrifice for you too.  May God bless every one of our soldiers as they have defended and are still defending our right to freedom and to live in the United States of America. 


**David Update**

Nothing too crazy about David today.  I talked to him yesterday and he said that he was catching up on paperwork finally!  Yay!  Less stress for David.  Here is a picture of him from yesterday!


I think he is looking skinny, but I guess he has always been a skinny one.  


David, thank you for all you do for me and for the rest of our country.  I am thankful for each and every one of your Marines and what they are doing for us.  

I miss you and can't wait for you to come home!  

I love you David.  


No comments:

Post a Comment