Tuesday, November 15, 2011

{belief}

Well, today was unproductive to say the least.  I went to the gym, worked my legs, then came home, drank some chocolate milk, had some pirate's booty (a delicious snack food), watched HGTV for a while, and passed out!!  2-2/12 hours later, woke up and had more pirate's booty and watched more HGTV!  Then realized I had been lazy all day so I hooked up my new shower head.  I can't believe that I only did one productive thing today!  Oh well, welcome to my life!


I seriously love this quote.  Do you ever wake up and think "I can't do this today", or doubt your ability to accomplish something?  Ugh, I think this often!  How do I let my mind slip into thinking that I can't do things, or that I can't face the world?  I wasn't raised that way, I haven't been taught this thought, but it happens anyway.  Is self doubt something that is learned?  Or just a constant lack of belief in yourself?  I would love to be able to say that I am a 100% self-confident person, but I can honestly tell you that I am not.  I feel as though a lot of my life is self improvement.  I don't think this is a bad trait for myself, as long as the improvement is not only for the good of myself, but for the good of others.  If I can learn to demonstrate self confidence, then maybe others will see it and start to believe in themselves as well.  I can do whatever I set my mind to.  Whether it means that I need to ask for help or can accomplish it on my own, I will get it done.  I challenge you, and myself, that today or tomorrow you do not doubt yourself, whatever is asked of you or whatever you need to do, do it.  Do it with pride and show your self confidence.  Is there something that you can been putting off doing or dreading to do?  Well, now is the time.  Get up, go out and do it.  If you don't have anything that you've been putting off, then go do for others.  While believing in ourselves, we need ot have faith in others as well.  Do good, for you and for others.  

**David Update**

I haven't spoken to David yet today.  I'm sure his day started early and he is working out or eating breakfast right about now.  You know, Marine stuff!

This awful photo was taken from last night's Skype conversation.  


David, I know I said that you should call more often, but don't think that I don't appreciate all your time that you give me.  I am grateful and thankful that you take as much time as you can out of your day to chat with me.  I love you so much and wouldn't want to do this with anyone else.  You are good for me and keep my needy self grounded.  Thank you.

I am here, getting fat on pirate's booty, waiting for you to come home to me.  

Tomorrow, I will accomplish those things I have been putting off.  Our house will be ready for you.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment