Thursday, November 10, 2011

{236}

Happy 236th Birthday Marines!

"... indomitable spirit, unconditional compassion, fierce national pride, and unshakable resolve..."


Watching with tears in my eyes, I feel a strong sense of pride in my country, our corps and my husband.  To hear the stories of Pearl Harbor and the tragedy of 9/11 brought to life again, I can only be so proud of my husband.  In his ability to lead and his ability to serve.  In all these stories I can insert David's name or the name of any Marine I know, and never doubt that they would have served with the same honor and commitment as these men.  These men and women who call themselves Marines and who we place there with the highest honor, are serving our country with the same conviction that those Marines 70 years ago.  I am proud to say that I am married to a United States Marine.

As I think about the dedication that our Marines show to our country, I can only begin to cry.  Most of us may never understand their commitment.  I am thankful for all Marines and the families that support their dedication.  I would like to extend a very Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps, from my family to yours.  Oorah!


I love you David and I'm ever proud of you.

1 comment:

  1. OOOrah wife! Great post, thanks for your support. Whatever "it" is about being a USMC wife, you get it.

    ReplyDelete