Friday, November 18, 2011

{every day}

I had dinner to celebrate a fellow wife, Teri's, birthday at Angela's (another wife) house.  Angela was saying that she is missing her man more and more the past two days.  I am right there with her.  I'm not sure if I am missing David more as time goes on or if I'm just more aware of the emptiness left behind.  It's a tough call.  The more of my life that he misses and the more of his life that I miss, I get lonelier and sadder (if that's a real word, sounds fishy).  We are missing an entire 7 months of each others' lives.  It's so crazy, and not only our two lives, but life as he knew it when he left.  Nothing will stand still and wait, things happen and people move on.  I'm sad for that too, that when he gets back life will be so different in so many ways, maybe not drastic ways, but different nonetheless.  And the emptiness.  I don't want to say the emptiness that he left behind because that's not fair, but the emptiness in my house and in my life.  It's that void that I talked about before that nothing can fill, and in a weird way, I don't want it to be filled.


There are so many things on a daily basis that I want David for.  I want all that back.  I am hopeful though.  One day I will have the man that I chose to marry back.  He will be my all and my everything once more.  

**David Update**

I have not been able to talk to David today.  I'm sure he is busy with work and will send an e-mail when he has time.  


David, I miss you again tonight.  The stars are SO bright here, you would love it.  I'm sure they are spectacular in the middle of nowhere Afghanistan on those clear nights.  

I am here, in our heated bed, waiting for you to come back home to me.

I love you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment