Saturday, November 26, 2011

{remind myself}

Do you ever have those days were you feel like you need to slow down and evaluate your life?  I think I had a brief moment of that today.


It's not that I am changing as a person or I'm becoming someone I don't want to be.  I just need to remind myself of the kind of person I want to be.  I don't want to be messy, I want to be productive, I want to open my mail everyday, I want to be better than I was yesterday.  There are so many things that I want to be all at the same time that sometimes my brain gets all crazy and forgets to do most of it.  I need to align my brain with my actions and goals.  I know that I have a lot of challenges that I give to myself and subsequently you, but I have another.  Get back to being you!  You are awesome and so am I, we just need to remember that.  We are who we are and our loved ones accept us for that, but what are you missing?  Get out, get away, go for a walk.  Think about your life and reorganize it.  Remember who you are and get back to being you.  


**David Update**

We got to speak to each other today!  It wasn't a phone call, but rather a Skype call!  The internet was good there at night, for once, and we got to chat!  He didn't have too much to say about his job, just that it had been slowing down a little bit.  He looks good and with all his gym time he has gained muscle mass!  And he can now bench more than his own weight.  Those are good accomplishments!  So proud of him.  


There's a snapshot from this morning.  I was too excited to hear his voice to focus on getting one good picture, so this is what I got!  At least you get to see some of his room.


This is a photo stolen from David's Ssgt's wife, Carol.  I think these fine looking men are in their chow hall, but I really have no idea.  Afghan BFFs.  


David.  I'm so happy that I got to talk to you today.  I hope I don't bore you, sometimes my relevant conversations seem far from relevant when I think about it later.  

I'm here, with freezing feet, waiting for you to come home to me.

I love you David.  


No comments:

Post a Comment