Wednesday, February 1, 2012

{brokenhearted}

Let's rewind my life 4 to 5 months ago.  You may have known me then, you might not have known me then, to say the least, I was brokenhearted.  I felt broken.  I had left my job, my family, my friends, my church, everything that I had know to follow a man.  Something I said I would never do unless I was married and it was right.  Well, he proposed, we got married, and I followed.  Some (maybe most) people thought I was crazy to follow my husband with a deployment in our midst, but those who really knew me, knew that I couldn't just let him go and not even try to begin my marriage.  Back to my point, I was left broken in an unknown world.


Well, HE never lets me down!  My wounds have been healed!  If David had been here the whole time I would have never got to meet the friends I did and have some of the opportunities that I have had.  Deployments definitely stink, but it has also brought joy to my life.  I have met some wonderful women during these past 5 months.  They have been my lifeline and I wouldn't trade these friendships for anything.  

Isn't it crazy how God works?  Just when we think life can't get worse, it may have actually gotten better.  it just takes time to realize what is going on.  I dislike the deployment, but I love what it has brought me.  


**David Update**

David is good!  He missed his alarm clock yesterday, but was up bright and early today to hit the gym.  He said that he has been busy still writing awards and doing paperwork.  He is looking forward to coming home and catching up on everything that he has missed.  Also, he will be 25 years old in 7 days!  Almost Happy Birthday!


That's one cute man!


David, I just want to tell you 3 things today, 1) I cut my own bangs, 2) I'm about to eat a frozen Snickers Bar and 3) why isn't there a dimmer switch on our TV, it's SO bright! 

I'm here, with a nice hot cup of tea, waiting for you to come home.

I love you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment