Wednesday, February 8, 2012

{phone call #4}

Today I got my fourth phone call from the sandbox!  It is always great to hear David's voice.  I always rag on him to call me more often.  It hasn't seemed to catch on yet, but it's okay, I still know that he loves me and thinks about me all the time.


Sometimes when we talk, okay, most of the time, I fill the conversation with useless and random things that have happened to me or things I need his advice on.  When we get off the phone, I always feel like kicking myself for not talking about "important" things, but nothing seems more important than hearing his voice.  He might, or he might no realize, how important those dumb conversations are to me.  I'm not here loving him less or being drowned in temptation, but it's nice to be reminded of why I'm here and what I'm doing.  I'm here to wait for those stupid phone conversations with my husband.  I love that man.


**David Update**

We spoke on the phone this morning, as you have read, he sounded great and in high spirits.  It was his birthday and it sounded like, for being in the sandbox, it was a memorable one.  He received cards and gifts in the mail and his Marines even got him a little gift.  He said it is still cold there, cold enough to layer clothes in the morning.  When I heard briefly from him this evening, he was up and on his way to the gym again! 


David, those phone calls just bring back the reality of you and I.  Right now, I know that we are married, but it's more like we are pen pals trying to flirt via the internet.  It doesn't always work for me.  Besides that, know that I'm here for you.  When you need me and when you come home.  

I'm here, with freshly baked Reese's double chocolate cookies, waiting for you to come home.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment