Sunday, February 19, 2012

{forgiveness}

In the Gospel reading today from the second chapter of Mark, the pharisees ask Jesus "Who can forgive sin besides God?"  The biblical answer is that Jesus is the Son of God, so of course he can forgive sins; but as the mass went on I began to think about forgiving sins.  We are told to "forgive those who trespass against us", so why don't we?  Why don't you and I forgive?  I hold on to grudges and tend not to forget what people have done to me.  And what does that accomplish, well, a whole lot of nothing!  It hardens my heart and that's the last thing that needs to happen!

I think it's time to start letting go.  Letting go of people who have hurt me, remind myself that I'm better without them.  Let go of memories I have of relationships gone bad, remind myself that the friendships that matter are the ones that are here now!  I'm moving on in life and need to let go of the past.  What do you need to let go?  Who do you need to let go of?  Who do you need to forgive for the wrong that has been done.  Pray for me and I'll pray for strength for you.

**David Update**

I have no update.  I haven't heard from him yet!  I hope and pray that all is well and everyone is safe!  


David, you can come home now.  Thanks.

I'm here, going on a date with Tina tonight, waiting for you to come home.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment