Tuesday, February 28, 2012

{temptation}

Being tempted does not normally have a positive connotation.  To be tempted is to be lured by something attractive or to be enticed into a desired state.  Life is full of temptation.  Everywhere we look, everything we see and everywhere we go.  With temptation comes pressure.  The pressure to be perfect.  If you fall to temptation, you're probably farther from being perfect.  But how do we constantly say no to temptation?  Is it possible to never give in?  I fight temptation everyday, from things that question my morals to whether or not to eat chocolate.  Temptation comes in all sizes and forms.  I wish it was easy to say no to such things, but they look so good and will make me happier (temporarily).  Why can't we be completely happy with ourselves?  Does giving into temptation have any correlation to lack of self esteem?  In my life it does.  When I'm not completely confident and happy with how I'm living my life, I tend to give into temptation.  I'm working on that issue, constantly.  I am going to strive to not give in, to live the better life.  I want to fight that evil and live for Glory.



**David Update**

He is doing well!  He sent a couple footlockers home filled with stuff he doesn't need for his last month and a half.  He is happy to be back aboard Camp LNK.  Here is a photo of David and a few of his Marines and his interpreter eating with some local Afghans.  



David, I'm really proud of you.  I read your FitRep and am really impressed.  You are a good man and a damn fine Marine.  

I'm here, watching Coast Guard Alaska, waiting for you to come home.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment