Friday, September 30, 2011

{regular guys}

"A bunch of regular guys who have a desire to do great things for each other."


These are the words of my husband.  He is in love with what he is doing with his life.  He said that a lot of things changed for them, not good, not bad, but just changes.  He describes his work and time in LNK and with his Marines as "unbelievable".  Sometimes I think that the sacrifice that I am making is so hard, almost too hard at times.  I marry a man, only to give most of his time when he is home, and seven months out of the year to something else.  It's a tough concept.  But, in all honesty, to hear my husband talk about something so passionately, I wouldn't trade that for anything.  The sacrifice for me doesn't seem so big if I am allowing/providing him the opportunity to be all around happy.  Happy at home, happy in his marriage, AND happy in his profession!  That's a feeling that I want.  It's a feeling that some people strive for their whole lives and never get to experience.  For that feeling, I am grateful.  I am proud to call my husband an Officer in the United States Marine Corps.     




Pictures borrowed from Capt. Rob from pre-deployment training.  Lt. Cook hard at work!!

David, I am so proud of you.  I am so happy to hear that you love what you are doing.

I am here waiting for you to come home and thinking of you always.

I love you David.  

No comments:

Post a Comment