Monday, September 26, 2011

{dark chocolate and popcorn}

Today was filled with more waiting.  Waiting to hear from David.  I have a smaller appetite now that he's not home, but it's even less when he is on a convoy.  Tonight for dinner I had a snack size bag of popcorn and German dark chocolate -- point proven.

After an awful past week, this week is looking up.  I had a phone call from David, he still loves me, he said the neighbor, Tina, and I are "in love" (which we might be), and my super-best friend, Katy, is coming to town tomorrow.  My life is filled with blessings lately.  So many friends, family and others have reached out with love and compassion.  I can only feel so lucky to have such people in my life.

Thank you, to each and every one of you.

David, thank you; for reminding me that it will be okay, and that you still love me, and still miss me.


You're the best husband in the world.

**David Update**

David has successfully completed his first convoy.  I don't have any details other than no one was hurt and that David was the convoy commander.  (SO proud of him!)  We chatted briefly at 0300 Afghanistan time.  He wasn't too talkative about work and was getting tired.  Hopefully I will have more of an update tomorrow.  



Just some more funny faces of David.  Even though Afghanistan can't be that fun, David is still fun!  Love that guy!

David, I'm glad you are a convoy stud and that you and all your Marines made it back safely.

Still here, waiting and thinking about you.

I love you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment