Saturday, September 24, 2011

{tears}

I got my first phone call from David today.  It was so sweet.  I was so excited that my mind was going a million miles an hour and I couldn't get complete sentences to come out of my mouth.  It's like I had so much to talk about but didn't know what to say.  I was so overwhelmed with joy.  The conversation seemed to only last seconds.  It lasted about ten to twelve minutes and we lost connection once.  It was so bittersweet to hear his voice and to hear him say the words "I love you".  I am needy, as David will tell you, and like to be reminded of his love.  To hear those words in his voice brought me to tears.


**David Update**

Nothing much to report yet again.  He briefed his Bn (Battalion) commanders and all the other officers of his Bn on his upcoming mission.  He sounded pretty confident about it.  Today was a sleep in day for the Marines, but David was up at 0530.  He went to the USO to make a phone call, ran, worked out, ate breakfast, and is now on his way to the office.  This is the first picture of David in a few days.  


Honey, I am  here waiting for you to come home.

I will be here always, thinking of you all the time.

I love you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment