Wednesday, September 21, 2011

{Beat the Odds}

Moving to a new place to tough.  Especially when you leave your friends, your family, your hair dresser, your church, your whole life behind.  You move and know no one and you don't know where anything is.  Welcome to my life.  I picked up and moved my life for one man.  I left my friends, my church, my mother, my job all for love.  Can I say it was the right choice?  Absolutely.  I wanted to be married and feel married for as long as I could.  We have a house together and have filled it with our things and our love.  It still is lonely and new to me, but sometime I will fit in.  I think I have beat the depression odds.  With one week of the deployment down, I think it will be a long and lonely road, but one with the best ending ever.  I can't wait for the day where I get to pick him up.  I'm not sure if I will ever hold him so hard as I will on that spring day.

I love that man.

I truly know that I married the best man on the planet.  I know that everyone says it, but I sincerely mean it.  Even when I think he is ignoring me or forgetting me, he is quick to tell me that he loves me and to stop thinking crazy thoughts.  He knows how I feel before I know how I feel, and he does it from half way around the world and 8.5 hour time difference.




Look at that face, how can you not fall completely in love with that??  Yea, I'm not sure how I did either!  

**David Update**

So begins the times of not knowing exactly what David is doing.  I spoke with him before he went to bed last night and he told me that he had shadowed another Marine that is doing what he will be doing in the future.  It was good for him to see exactly what happens and what he should know.  That's about all you and I know of what David did today.  I know that he woke up safely and is now sleeping safely.  I'm not sure that I can ask for more.  David stays up late to talk to me, so the lights are out in his barracks when we chat.  Here is a photo of the only time I got to see his face today.


He kind of looks like the devil.  Scary.  I know that today is a sleep in day for him, so he does not have to be awake at 3-5 AM.  Sleep will do his body well.  

Honey, I am here anxiously waiting for you to come home.  

I think about you all day long and wait for the times when I know we get to talk.  

I love you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment