Tuesday, September 20, 2011

{Impressive Rejection}

Rejection.  People take it in so many ways, they get sad or depressed, some people eat to drown their sorrows, and some people even get mad.  I have never been rejected in my life.  From anything.  It is so bizarre.  Never, not once have I been turned down.  Well, today ends my life-long rejection-free streak.  I was rejected.  I have been looking for a job down here in the armpit and have yet to come up with anything good.  I applied for some part time jobs at the community college down here and didn't hear back for 3 weeks, so assumed I didn't get the job.  Today I got a letter.  It was from the college and it stated that I didn't get the job, but that they would keep my application and resume on file.  I wasn't mad or even sad about it.  I was impressed!  At the bottom of this letter someone had signed it, actually signed it, with an ink pen.  Someone really took the time to write their name on a letter!  I am so impressed that I can't be mad or sad about it.  I even kept it!  Oh rejection.

I have been missing some Skype dates with David recently due to the lack of impressiveness of my iphone.  Sad, as you can imagine, I had to look at pictures of him and our times together.   Here are some of my favorites from today:



There are two things that I want to say about these pictures.  One, as David's wife, I like his behind, so I capture it as much as possible.  Two, David has a behind larger than most men, but it has zero percent fat.  I wish I had a zero percent fat booty.  I am jealous of his lack of fat, it's almost disgusting.  But I still like it.  Here are some more pictures that have nothing to do with his backside.


Really, David?  Ballistic eye protection indoors?  Just in case your computer blows up and you get shrapnel flying at your eyes.  


Hide and Seek?  Haha, he is going to be the best dad ever.  I can't wait for those years!  (Many years down the road!)

** David Update**

I'm sure his day started out with eating, running, working out, and meetings.  I did talk to him briefly.  He wanted to remind me to send deodorant to him.  He said that he had some meetings today and his mission was more clearly defined.  We won't know what those missions are now, or maybe ever; but as long as he is clear on what they are and the expected outcome, then I will be fine.  I never know when I won't hear from him, or when he will "leave the wire" (get off the base).  Communication is huge on deployments and serves as our life line.  It will be tough when communication is cut and I have no idea when it's happening or for how long.  So many things will be running through my mind and I will be so much more attentive to what's happening in Afghanistan.  I talked to David at 0330 AM their time and he was up for the day and on his way to eat.  The early bird gets the worm!  

The lack of communication and the lack of knowledge of his life will be tough.  I will try to prepare my mind just because I never know when it will happen or for how long we won't be able to talk.  I will be praying to St. Christopher and St. Micheal always.  

Honey, I am here waiting for you, praying for you and thinking of you always.

Know that I love you and can't wait to be with you again.

I love you David.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment