Thursday, September 22, 2011

{Seven Days}

This has been quite possible the longest week of my life.  It has officially been a full seven days since I have seen and felt my husband here with me.  My house is so lonely and quiet tonight.  It's almost eerie the silence of my home.  No footsteps, no TV, no voice, no phone calls, no mixing of a protein shake.  I hate to be sad all the time, but it never fails.  There are so many instances everyday that I want my husband home.  So many times I need him home.  My neighbor was telling me about the point in every deployment when it's not about missing him anymore, but the anticipation of him coming home.  I want that feeling tomorrow, or the next day; but it won't come for a while.  I want those happy times back.  I want to make a meal for more than just myself.  I want to snuggle up safe next to him at night.


I'm so tired of being alone already, I don't know how the next six months and three weeks are going to go.  I'm sure that they will be filled with tearful times and filled with joyous times.  I know what he is doing is so that we can sleep safely and peacefully at night, but sometimes, these nights aren't filled with peace.  

**David Update**

David went on his first mission a few days ago.  He didn't run the convoy, but he shadowed the platoon and officer that he is taking over for.  Their mission only took the course of a day but they did travel.  (I have no idea where to though.)  He said that it was pretty uneventful (thank goodness) but that they did pass through one pretty busy town.  He seemed astonished, almost aggravated, that there are no traffic patterns let alone traffic laws.  I can't imagine trying to drive extremely large vehicles, a bunch of them, through a busy town with no traffic patterns!  He also said that another thing that makes his job tough is that the children run through the vehicles at any moment.  They have to watch so closely so that no one is hurt.  Yesterday he had meetings and more meetings and lots of planning.  He is now awake and on his way to start a new day.


I cannot get enough of those photos of David.  It seems like we have never had a normal conversation.  Something is always crazy about our video chats.  David either looks like he is trying to be a dashing young gentleman or a creeper.  Either way, I still love this man.

David, I can't wait for you to come home.  This has been the slowest week of my life.  It feels like it's been a month.  I want time to fly by.

I will be here waiting for you and thinking of you always.

I love you David and can't wait to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment