Friday, September 23, 2011

{Crockpotting}

Being a one person household, there are so many changes to make.  The biggest one is going back to making dinner for one.  I don't even eat 2 full meals a day let alone 3 balanced meals!  I eat here and there and don't really cook meals.  David has gotten on me about eating lately, so I've decided that the crockpot will be my new best cooking friend.  (That and iced coffee from McDonald's!  Thanks Tina!)  Today is week one of crockpotting.  I am making BBQ Chicken.  Four chicken breasts!  I think I will be freezing and saving for future eating.

Speaking of food.  Below is a series of some of my favorite pictures of David.  For those of you who are familiar with MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) and TBS (The Basic School) this might be funny.  I'm not sure if David was just lazy and didn't want to get other food, or whether he was poor and couldn't afford more food, but he decided to eat an MRE in his room.  Below are photos that I captured.


It's SO delicious.


Blow on it, it's too hot!


Yummm......


Almost done.


Make sure to get the last little bit!


Full!!

OMGosh, this last photo is the face I see in my head every time that he shaves he head.  It's SO funny.  I'm laughing now!  I love this man.  He is so handsome even with that face!  Lately when we talk it is dark in his barracks and I can't see his shining face.  Ugh, I love it and miss it so much.  

**David Update**

There isn't too much to report today.  David happened upon some new gear and is going to have Christmas for his Marines tomorrow.  I love this about him, he finds extra gear and wants to be generous and hand it out to his platoon!  He did make a point to tell me that the food was "great" today and that he had not been able to go to the gym for the past two days due to work.  He loves his Kindle and uses it often when he has downtime in the office.  He is asleep at the moment and a new day awaits him.


This is a photo of David and his boss, Capt. Rob.  Love that man too!!

Well, David, today was lonely.  I came home and watched some heavy rain and then a beautiful sunset from the porch.  Ate a lot of dark chocolate and talked to 1st Sgt's wife.  She's awesome.  I hope that you are warm enough at night, I hear it gets cold at night sometimes.  

I will be here waiting for you when you get back and am thinking of you all day long.

I hope that you have a good day and think of me too.

I love you David.

No comments:

Post a Comment