Thursday, August 16, 2012

{wife wardrobe}

Man oh man!  I know I've been away for a while, but I'm coming back!  So many things happening in life, so much to talk about!  Most recently (per the usual) my thoughts have focused on David's job.  If y'all don't know, he is now the General's Aide.  Which means that he is married to and is "dating" the general.  Crazy!  He has to follow him around, hover but not hover, open his doors, keep his schedule, know his quirks, be his everything.  Which is good for both people.  The General has (in my opinion) the best aide ever and David will get to see the Corps from the inside and from the top looking down.  This will provide David great knowledge for the future of his Marine Corps career.

Well, anyway, we went to the Change of Command from one Colonel to the next Colonel (about to be promoted to general).  I literally had on 8 different outfits before I could figure our which one I should wear to be mingling with ranks a lot higher then David's!  It looked like a tornado went through our bedroom by the time I was ready to go!

How ludicrous!  Seriously?  An outfit.  I have a MILLION pieces of clothing, yet it took me forever, and I'm not normally one to worry about what I wear.  I've decided that I need to take another serious look at my clothes and get rid of some of them and decide on some staple pieces that I need to buy.  I think that I play the role of military wife well, but dressing the part is a whole new world for me!  I still love jeans and v-neck "boyfriend" T's!  Here are some examples of things I think I need:



Wardrobe is one of the many things that I've got to get in check in my life.  Growing up and being married is a tough job!  So many things that we must learn and get to know.  So stay tuned and soon we will be cleaning out my closet!!  Eek!  Makes me nervous!!



~Do Good and Live Happy~

No comments:

Post a Comment