Tuesday, August 28, 2012

{wifey wardrobe}

Well, let the transformation begin!  (Or the growing-up?)  As it turns out, I'm not the only one (or USMC wife) who doesn't think they dress like one!  Kind of weird.  Who decided what a "wife" should look like?  Who said what we have to wear?  To my knowledge there is only one event a year that states a dress code for spouses, the Birthday Ball.  It must be a ball gown (or prom dress...haha).

I've decided there are 3 things that I need to be the "wife" I want to be.  (It's strange that I used the word wife as an outward appearance, or a way to be instead of how I am in my marriage!)  I need to learn how to do my hair, how to do my make-up and how to dress.  I need a few signature hair styles, maybe an up-do, a half up-half down and a down do.  Then for my make-up, a nice day look and maybe a little smokey-eyed night look.  As for the wardrobe goes, well, that's a different story.  I will be attending so many different functions to attend in so many different settings with so many different people., personal dinners, balls, ceremonies, homecomings, promotions, retirements, etc.

So, here's what I have done so far....


My morning began with trying to figure out how to curl my hair.  The first attempt was so bad that I didn't even photograph it.  This is the second version, bad photo, but you get the point.  I did have to use hair spray, which now I know why my old roommate's bathroom floor was ALWAYS sticky...I sprayed my hair on the porch in the rain!

To help with my new "dos" I bought a new curling iron!  This came as a recommendation from a dear USMC wife!  She said it "changed her curling life forever".  Haha, I figured that I needed my curling life to be changed too!


I'll let you know how it goes!

Now on to the clothing portion.  Here are 2 dresses by Express that I got for under $30 combined!  I would just like to say that I'm a bargain hunter and I succeed at it!!



I think that I could I wear these to many different events!  Outside Marine Corps. ceremonies, dinner parties, weddings, date nights, and the list goes on!  I'm excited to wear them!  

I get to go shopping with a wonderful lady and dearest friend in 2 weeks, I'm very excited to hang out with her and get some fashion pointers.  I can't wait to get my act together and not only be the part but look the part too!  If you have any pointers or wardrobe staples, please, please let me know!  I need all the help that I can get!


In parting, here is last night's sunset.




~be kind~

No comments:

Post a Comment