Friday, August 31, 2012

{hk's 5}

Still thinking about my quest to dress for wife success, I was reading Better Homes and Gardens today I cam across the perfect article, "Heidi Klum's 5 Must-Haves for Fall Fashion"!  What great timing!  So here's what I've learned:

1. A tailored blazer.  It looks great on every woman because it accents our natural waists and it's versatile!  Dress it up or dress it down!  HK guides us to find one that falls just below the hip line, it flatters all body types.  Maybe some like this:




These are all cute and I think the cute and length that HK was talking about, just maybe not the color!


2. A Special Dress.  Something different then the norm.  Maybe with a asymmetrical cut, an exposed zipper or inlays of leather.  


  


I feel good about any of these options, a cut-out on the back of a dress (not too low or too big), LACE (I love lace) or maybe a sheer overlay!  


3. Pencil Skirt.  Classy, poised, crisp, and polished.  Just some of the words used to describe this ever-standard piece of clothing.  I already happen to own a khaki one, but think a black one is a must!




I feel great about the black one, the grey one is also pretty standard and I'm intrigued by the longer striped one....I wonder if I could pull it off?  Also, I tend to choose pencil skirts that hit just above the knee versus ones that hit in the middle of the knee or below the knee.


4. Cozy Sweater.  One that can be dressed up or down, can be worn during the day and transfer to the evening.  (I think we have different ideas of "cozy sweaters".)




This first sweater is more like what HK was modeling in the magazine, but with her sleeves were pushed up to her forearms.  The second two are options that I think I would wear during the day and out at night.  Thank goodness that my old roommates and I had a thing for sweaters and cardigans, I don't need anymore of these!  One down, four to go!


5. Statement Jewelry.  Jewelry can spice up your outfits.  Try mix and matching colors, metals and styles to give you an edgy look.  All your pieces may be different but they should work together as a family.







I'm not big on jewelry.  I wear my wedding rings, a necklace that David gave and a simple leaf ring on my right hand, that's it.  Maybe a small silver bracelet or a watch, but that's it.  I guess I'm going to have to try a big bracelet, a chunky necklace, an outrageous ring, or some crazy earrings.


Maybe this will help all of you too get into your fall wardrobes.  If you have any fashion advice for myself or for anyone else, please feel free to share it.  Shopping to come soon!!


I'll leave you with this stunning photo of my husband and I while painting our house!





~be kind~

No comments:

Post a Comment