Tuesday, July 22, 2014

{take it to the face}

I don't really understand why some people want to ruin other people's happiness.  Don't you think it's crazy?  If I have done nothing to ruin your happiness, please don't ruin mine.  As you know, I want to be happy!  Recently, and not just to myself, there has been a trend of not being straight forward.  It's a version of being honest, with yourself and with others.  If you have a problem with someone, it's okay to take it up with that person, especially if you are going to talk to other people about it and spread gossip.  Now, don't just run out and find that person and tell them what's on your mind, that might not be the most tactful thing to do.  Think about it.  Think about how you can say your beef constructively, nicely and calmly.  There is no use (most of the time) to speak your mind if it's not done the right way.  (Just to clarify, yes, sometimes you have to go 'freak-nasty' on some people; for your good and possibly for theirs.)  Take your time and decide exactly what you want to say and exactly how you are going to say it.  Think about how they might react, positively and, more important, negatively.

If you are going to have a face to face confrontation, it doesn't need to be a blow out or a love fest.  It needs to be practical.  It needs to makes a difference, hopefully.  You need to be nice in order to expect the same in return.  This also doesn't mean that you need to speak your mind to everyone who talks about you behind your back.  My rule is to only confront those whose words hurt you, ruin your reputation, mess with your family, or make your loved ones believe them.  If it doesn't fit into these categories, complain about it to your closet friends or write a blog about it!  Get it off your chest some how, it's not good to keep everything bottled up.

This was my way of getting it off my chest, so please, if you have something to say about me, something that I've said about you, somehow I've wronged you, please say it to my face.  If you want me to do something differently, or to not do something, say it to my face.  If you want the truth about something, ask me to my face.  I promise I'm not that scary and take most everything well.  I hope you find your happiness and please let me continue to grow mine.  I only wish you the best of luck and the happiest life that you can have.


-be happy-

No comments:

Post a Comment