Wednesday, November 14, 2012

{worthless}

Ever felt like your life was leading to nothing?  That you weren't making a difference in the world?  That you were, almost, worthless?  How do you make your life matter?  I think more people than we realize struggle with this issue.  I also think that for each and every person it's different.  Does your job make you who you are?  Do you friends?  Does your family?  Does money or what car you drive?  Do your children and the way they act?  Is it your faith?  Hope for a better tomorrow?

These can all be definitions of success.  Success, it's crazy thing because it's so undefinable!  For each and every person it's a different path to success and a different ending.  I, as a young military wife, struggle with this often.  It's hard, this life.  To fit in everywhere you go.  My faith life will constantly change, my house will change, my friends will come and go, family will always be far, and a job is never easy to come by.  So, what's my success?  Should I stand in the shadow of my husband's success? (Which, by the way, is ever growing!  Way to go David!)  Try to be the perfect wife?  Master different professions at every place we live?  Raise lots of wonderful children?  I don't know what it is yet.  I'm waiting, impatiently for my time to come.  I want to find a place to fit in, to use my talents and my education.  I'm feeling hopeless, worthless and desperate.  I hope I don't live like this forever.  Until then, as my husband tells me "a job doesn't make you someone.  You aren't worthless.  I love you.".  


It's coming, I still believe that when I'm needed for something greater, I'll be placed there.  Please pray that I have patience in this crazy little thing called life and keep everyone struggling in your prayers.  Whether those struggles be with self worth, self image, abuse, depression, and anything else that makes the heart heavy.  I'll keep you all in my prayers too.  

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment